Time and motivation – JAC Blog Hop
Is what this months blog carnival from Jewelry Artisans Community is about.
When reading “Time and Motivation” most people think of endurance training.
Because you have to invest time and you need to be motivated to keep it up.
In a way one can say that it’s the same with jewelry making.
When I have time enough then my motivation is gone and when I’m motivated I don’t have enough time to play with my beads, jump rings and wire.
The image below is a little help to get motivated. 🙂
I was working on 2 piece at the same time, one is a bead woving necklace, and the other is for the JAC November Challenge “Autumn Leaves”. On the bead woven necklace I worked for several days, everyday that I had a little time to spare. For the last one you could say that I was stuck, it was half finished and it felt as if I had to force myself to complete the project.
Luckely I did get some time and motivation to work on it in the weekend.
Some examples of the time consuming jewelry making techniques I use are:
- bead weaving, especially when the projects get bigger or more intricate.
- Chain maille and it’s also hard on your hands.
- Wire wrapping can also take longer with intricate pieces.
I will add the links from our other JAC members when available,
so you can read what favourite matarials they have?
Al mijn creaties kunnen in mijn galerijen gevonden worden.
Indien er vragen zijn, schroom dan niet om even een berichtje te sturen.
Latest posts by Carina Veling (see all)
- Greeting cards using butterflies, flowers and sketches. - november 22, 2019
- It’s a boy, paper craft flipbook - oktober 11, 2019
- Life got in the way - juli 5, 2019