Alternative for Mica
Hello again, I’m a bit later then usually with translating my blogpost.
I just spend the weekend in a small house on a vacation park with the other ladies from the design team from Hobby Alternatief, sadly 2 of them couldn’t make it.
For this week I had to use Mica in my creation, which I don’t have so I went for an alternative.
I used a double base card and cut the front at 1 inch from the top and glued a strip of sealed laminator sheet. And then I glued a 1 inch strip of the base card on the bottom of the “Mica” strip and cut all the sides so that they would be all the same size.
Tip! it might be easier to glue the transparent strip on the paper first and then cut it to the desired size.
In the inside of my card I stamped a row of candles, I had to stamp it twice because the stamp wasn’t long enough. The higher candles I stamped again several times, coloured them, cut them out and glued them on top of the higher candles. The other candles I left blank only giving colour to the flames. Above the flames I stamped the sentiment, high enough so it isn’t visible when the card is closed.
Tip! I used a laminating folder to replace the Mica but pull it through the laminating device and let it cool down first, it will stiffer then. btw I keep all my laminator sheet cut offs, lucky I had 1 big enough to use so I didn’t have to use a new one.
I have a list of the materials I used at my HA Blog, It is written in dutch with more details in there for when you want to know more and all the measurements. To translate it to english or any other language you can use “Google Translate”